In the garden in February
By Simon Kavanagh, Feb 2 2015 02:58PM
February might not strike you as the busiest in the garden diary. Spring is on the horizon and it's an important month to get one step ahead! Here's a few jobs to be getting on with:
* Prune apple trees and pear trees whilst they're still dormant.
* Prune hardy evergreen hedges
* Plant Lilies and Allium bulbs
* Chit potato tubers
* Prepare vegetable seed beds/sow some vegetables under cover
* Protect blossom on apricots, nectarines and peaches
* Towards the end of the month prune summer-flowering Clematis before active growth begins
* Prune winter-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering
* Prune Wisteria
* Renovate overgrown deciduous hedges
* Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over the winter
* With spring on the way it's worth preparing your lawn for the season ahead. Try installing lawn edging which creates a neat and tidy appearance and makes maintenance easier.
Greenspace can help with all of the above! Get in contact.