By Simon Kavanagh, Mar 1 2015 08:01PM
Spring is almost sprung! Here's a few things Greenspace can help with this month...
- Weeds come back in to growth - deal with them before they get out of hand
- Feed roses with rose feed or a balanced fertiliser as they come into growth
- Protect new spring shoots from slugs
- Plant bare root roses
- Top dress containers with fresh compost
- Lift and divide overgrown clumps of perennials
- Cut back Cornus (dogwood) and Salix (willow) grown for colourful winter stems
- Plant summer-flowering bulbs
- Start feeding fish and using the pond fountain; remove pond heaters
- Plant shallots, onion sets and early potatoes
- Mow the lawn on dry days (if needed)
- Prune Winter Flowering Jasmine (Jasminum nudiflorum) after flowering to encourage new growth for next year's blooms. Cut back the previous years growth to 5cm from the old wood
- Open the greenhouse or conservatory doors and vents on warm days
Give us a call!